- This event has passed.
Adapting the LID Guidance Template for Your Jurisdiction
March 1, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm$40
A workshop on adapting and adopting the LID Guidance Manual for Western Oregon will be held March 1st. The LID Guidance Template was developed for anyone interested or engaged in implementing sustainable stormwater practices- in other words, YOU! The template will become part of the Rogue Valley Stormwater Design Manual, so it is very important that we all understand how to adapt and adopt it. Please ensure that someone from your jurisdiction will be attending this class being held specifically for Rogue Valley municipalities.
What: Adapting the LID Guidance Template <http://oeconline.org/
When: March 1st 2016 10am-2pm
Where: RVSS Public Meeting Room, 138 W Vilas Rd. Central Point, OR
Who: Maria Cahill, Green Girl Consulting
Registration: Class size limited to 30, click here to SIGN-UP TODAY<http://oec.
What is the Template? Visit the Oregon Environmental Council website<http://oeconline.org/
Who Should Attend. Jurisdictional staff from cities, counties, Designated Management Agencies (DMAs) and others implementing water quality regulation in Western Oregon. Interested professionals who may make water quality related decisions in your jurisdiction include:
* Elected Officials (Invite them to join us for the first hour to learn about the regulatory framework that may affect their decisions about stormwater management.
This is a great way to get your jurisdictional staff “on board” during the adaptation process, ensuring the most appropriate choices for your jurisdiction. Please share this information with your:
* Landscape Architects
* Plans Reviewers
* Wetland Scientists
* Water Quality Program Managers
* Other Water Quality stakeholders
Learning Objectives. Attendees will gain a better understanding of:
* Low impact development and its value in reducing long-term community costs and meeting regulatory requirements.
* The guidance template content and how it can help implement sites that protect water quality.
* The process for adapting the LID guidance template into a stormwater management manual that may be required by code or offered as an optional permitting path for new and re-development and retrofit projects.
* Key items to consider when choosing which best management practices to implement first.
Check out all the details here: LID Guidance<http://oec.